Moxa Inc., a leader in industrial communications and networking, announced the launch of its next-generation industrial Ethernet switches, the EDS-4000/G4000 Series. The EDS-4000/G4000 Series includes 68 models that will help Moxa’s customers build futureproof industrial networks to strengthen operational resilience in industrial spaces such as power, transportation, maritime, and factory automation.
According to IDC’s Worldwide IT/OT Convergence 2022 Predictions1, by 2024, 75% of new operational applications deployed at the edge will leverage containerization to enable a more open and composable architecture that is necessary for resilient operations. As industrial automation applications continue to evolve, OT architectures require enhanced networking capabilities and network security.
‘Recently, we have observed that our customers find it more challenging to connect their devices while fulfilling a variety of requirements for critical infrastructure,’ said Gary Chang, Product Manager at Moxa Networking Co. Ltd. ‘Critical infrastructure requires advanced networking solutions that strengthen operational resilience and futureproof networks. Our EDS-4000/G4000 Series portfolio of switches transforms the networking-evolved concept into tangible networking capabilities in order to empower our customers to build secure, reliable, and high-bandwidth industrial networks with ease.’
Evolved Networking Solutions That Strengthen Operational Resilience
While OT/IT convergence is accelerating, enhanced network security, high performance, strong reliability, and advanced usability become paramount to building next-generation industrial networks that strengthen operational resilience.
• Industry-leading Network Security: The EDS-4000/G4000 Series was the world's first IEC 62443-4-2 certified Ethernet switches to be certified by IECEE due to the built-in hardened security that was developed by following the stringent software development lifecycle described in the standard. Along with Moxa’s extensive network security portfolio, Moxa helps create a secure network foundation to safeguard and futureproof industrial operations.
• Unprecedented Performance for Mass Deployments: As the number of connected devices in industrial operations grows exponentially, the EDS-4000/G4000 Series provides multiple interface combinations with up to 14 ports and a range of options including fast Ethernet, Gigabit, 2.5GbE uplinks, SFP, and IEEE 802.3bt PoE connectivity. This enables customers to connect more devices especially in applications such as intelligent transportation systems that require high-power and high-bandwidth networking.
• Multiple Industrial Certifications: The EDS-4000/G4000 Series is certified for NEMA TS2, EN 50121-4, IEC 61850-3/IEEE 16132, DNV2, ATEX Zone 23, Class I Division 23, to fulfill the needs of a wide variety of industrial applications. The EDS-4000/G4000 Series also features Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain fast network recovery to ensure smooth operations.
• Advanced Usability: The improved web GUI provides a more intuitive way for users to perform configurations and network management. The rotatable power module offers flexibility to field engineers when they are installing devices and maintaining the network. In addition, the LED indicators on two sides of the device help engineers easily identify the status of networking devices, making their job easier.
‘We particularly appreciated the intuitive user interface, the innovative mechanical design with the rotatable power supply module, and the robust DIN-rail mounting kit. The EDS-4000/G4000 Series gives us more confidence to provide futureproof, robust, and secure industrial automation and navigation solutions to our customers on their digital transformation journeys,’ said Christian M. Skytte, Head of Product Management, Automation, at Wärtsilä Lyngsø Marine A/S.
EDS-4000/G4000 Series Industrial Ethernet Switch Highlights
To learn more about the EDS-4000/G4000 Series, please refer to the following materials:
• EDS-4000/G4000 Series Microsite
• Futureproof Networking and EDS-4000/G4000 Launch Video
• EDS-4000/G4000 Series Product Introduction Video
1 IDC FutureScape: Worldwide IT/OT Convergence 2022 Predictions, Doc #US47131521, October 2021.
2 Certification is expected in Q2, 2022.
3 Certification is expected in Q3, 2022.
4 If the port link speed is 1 Gigabit or higher, the recovery time is < 50 ms.
Moxa is a leading provider of edge connectivity, industrial computing, and network infrastructure solutions for enabling connectivity for the Industrial Internet of Things. With over 30 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 71 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network that reaches customers in more than 80 countries. Moxa delivers lasting business value by empowering industry with reliable networks and sincere service for industrial communications infrastructures. Information about Moxa’s solutions is available at www.moxa.com.
The MOXA logo is a registered trademark of Moxa Inc. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective owners.