NSF Controls, a leading UK designer and manufacturer of solenoids, switches, and a specialist provider of customised electro-mechanical assembly services, has appointed Julian Heyworth as CEO. An experienced and successful business leader, Julian will be taking the lead at NSF Controls to deliver an exciting new strategy for the business.
Originally, a degree-qualified engineer with extensive Mechanical design experience, Julian has built on this throughout his career. With more than 21 years’ experience in high profile, senior management roles, over 18 years’ experience at board level in engineering businesses and managing his own company Meltog, Julian’s commercial expertise is supported by valuable first-hand engineering experience.
Commenting on his appointment as CEO at NSF Controls Julian Heyworth said: “NSF Controls is renowned for solving the actuation requirements of today's technologically complex and changing world. Going forward, I’m looking to develop UK opportunities and capitalise on those presented by the wider global market. On-going development in our world-class UK manufacturing facilities is also a priority of mine.”
“Working in the Yorkshire area and operating in engineering sectors, I’ve known of NSF Controls for some years and very much respected the company as a business entity. I’m delighted to be a part of the team now and am already submerging myself in understanding how it operates, familiarising myself with our valued customers and suppliers and most importantly, finding out about the company’s intricate working processes from our inspirational staff – it’s a fascinating experience and I’m looking forward to developing the business in every way I can.”
NSF Controls’ spokesperson Doug Priestley said: “I believe Julian will be a great catalyst in leading the next phase of NSF Controls’ development. We’re excited to be looking ahead and embracing the changes that will be happening in manufacturing and identifying how we can support the exciting technological and engineering complexities of the markets in which we operate today.”
About NSF Controls - www.nsfcontrols.co.uk
• NSF Controls is the UK’s leading manufacturer of solenoids and switches and is a knowledgeable and established provider of customised and creative electro-mechanical actuation solutions, including market-leading specialist components and sub assemblies.
• The company has been established for over 70 years and is based in Keighley, West Yorkshire, operating from the same site since 1948.
• A successful MBO took place July 1997 resulting in the rebirth of NSF Controls Ltd. Previously held global manufacturing and distribution relationships were re-established and NSF Controls Ltd has seen year on year growth ever since.
• NSF Controls was originally known for the flexibility and application of its rotary wafer switches.
• NSF Controls is BSI Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 and BSI Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2004 certified, delivering consistently high quality manufacturing standards.
• Access to NSF Controls products is available worldwide.
• The company supplies to a broad range of markets including military, security, utilities, energy, automotive, medical, leisure and many more industrial and commercial sectors.
• NSF Controls offers wide reaching technical expertise, application engineering and integrated on-site facilities, which enable all aspects of development to be progressed in-house, from initial design feasibility, 3D CAD, SLA modelling and costing through to testing and manufacture.
• Onsite technical capabilities include CNC machining, moulding, coil winding, tool manufacture and assembly.